Today I thought I’d do The Best of Skincare Tag to share with you some of my favourite skincare bits of the moment.
1. Skin type? – I have a true combination skin, I get oily in my t-zone throughout the day but can equally get dry patches in colder weather. I’d say I’m combination/oily but I don’t love really drying products because my skin can easily sway too oily or too dry.
2. Skincare product storage? – I keep my everyday products on my desk/dressing table and then keep any extras in my drawer unit
3. Fave ingredient? – I’d have to say glycolic acid, it’s one of the few ingredients that I can pinpoint as a working ingredient in my routine. I use Liquid Gold and their Rejuvenating Cream which have worked wonders on my acne prone skin.
4. Most indulgent product? – Emma Hardie Moringa Cleansing Balm, it’s the most ‘extra’ step in my routine, swiping my face over with a micellar water would be much easier, quicker and cheaper but I just love how indulgent and relaxing this product feels.
5. Best budget buy? – The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% and B5 and the Niacinamide 10% and Zinc 1%. They retail for around the £5 mark which is such a bargain for 30ml bottles of these ingredients, I’ve done a full post on them here if you want to check it out.
6. Any tools? – I used to use a Clarisonic Mia 2 but have since found that I prefer a chemical exfoliation over a physical exfoliation as the Clarisonic tends to aggravate my skin and after reading about Caroline Hirons hatred for cleansing brushes it’s really made me move towards chemical exfoliation instead.
7. Best Mask(s)? – my all time go to is the Alpha H Balancing and Pore Refining Mask (review here), but I’ve recently bought the GlamGlow Supermud Clearing Treatment Mask (expect a review soon!) and I have been loving the effects on my skin.
8. Best multi-use? – Dr Paw Paw lip balm, I use it on my lips, cuticles and patches of really dry skin. It’s also great if you’ve got a matte lipstick that you want to be glossier, it’s so lightweight that it mixes right into the lipstick and doesn’t alter the colour of the lipstick as it’s completely clear, if you want to read a full review I’ve got one here.
9. Favourite brand? – Alpha H was the first skincare brand that I saw real improvements in the quality of my skin with, so Alpha H will always hold a really special place in my heart when it comes to skincare.
10. Best spot treatment? – I use masks on my spots when I need to get rid of them ASAP so either the Alpha H Balancing and Pore Refining or the GlamGlow Supermud Treatment Mask.
11. Favourite skincare routine step? – I’d have to say makeup removal with my Emma Hardie balm, it’s so relaxing and luxurious, but I also love a good scrub like the Alpha H Micro Cleanse Super Scrub, if you’re interested in this scrub I’ve got a full review here.
12. Skincare wishlist? – I’ve actually done a whole post on my current skincare wishlist here if you want to have a read about the products that are currently on my mind!
Have you done the Best of Skincare Tag? If so, leave the link to your post down below!